The mission of the Fair Food Standards Council (FFSC) is to monitor the development of a sustainable agricultural industry that advances the human rights of farmworkers, the long-term interests of growers, and the ethical supply chain concerns of retail food companies through implementation of the Fair Food Program (FFP), a unique worker-led, market-driven social responsibility program that emerged from the Coalition of Immokalee Workers’ successful Campaign for Fair Food. The FFP has been recognized by human rights experts as “the best workplace-monitoring program” in the US and “one of the great human rights success stories of our day.” To learn more, please see the FFSC’s annual report.
About the Position
Financial Investigators conduct audits of Participating Growers’ payroll and timekeeping systems to ensure compliance with the Fair Food Code of Conduct and relevant law. They additionally oversee the monitoring of the Fair Food Program Premium by analyzing supply chain transactions to ensure accurate reporting and payment to farmworkers. FFSC is based in Sarasota, FL, with work-related travel throughout the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic. Salary and benefits are competitive within the non-profit sector.
- Bachelors degree or higher in accounting or finance, or equivalent work experience;
- Experience with financial auditing standards and procedures;
- Proficiency in Excel;
- Understanding and interest in supply chains;
- Strong communication and interviewing skills;
- Strong writing and documentation skills, including attention to detail;
- Ability to connect facts and discern patterns;
- Ability to interact well with people of different nationalities, gender, and education levels;
- Willingness to work irregular hours and “do what is necessary”;
- Ability to work well as part of a team, as well as independently; and
- Discipline and initiative.
Applicants should send a resume/CV and a cover letter indicating interest in the position to Judge Laura Safer Espinoza at firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the email should read FFSC Financial Investigator Position. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
The FFSC is an equal opportunity employer committed to developing a workforce that reflects and can relate easily to the diverse populations involved in the Fair Food Program.